Himilo Foundation (HIMFO) is a Non-Governmental Organization registered with the Somalia NGO Consortium to operate in South and Central Somalia. Himilo is registered Somalia federal government, Kenya Government, Banadir administration, Southwest, Jubaland, and Galmudug certificates are attached.
Himilo Foundation has been established in Somalia April 2002 and has a well-developed management structure in South and Central Somalia with four regional offices; Mogadishu, Kismayu, Wanlaweyn and Nairobi. It has projects staff and key managers in administration and coordination of the projects ensuring effective implementation of the projects.
The Himilo Foundation vision is to envisage self-dependent community in the target area through successful and sustainable development projects.
Through the mission statement Himilo Foundation seeks to improve the lives of the affected people to freely engage in self-dignity.
Himilo Foundation endeavors to work with communities and other humanitarian agencies towards saving and preserving lives and restoring dignity to the people where it works. Where the opportunity arises Himilo Foundation seeks to initiate and establish sustained rehabilitation and reconstruction programs
Our core values
recognizing the innate dignity and worth of all people and the value of
Equity and Justice
requiring us to work to ensure that every person irrespective of sex, age, race, colour and religion has equal opportunity for expression and utilizing their potential
Honesty and Transparency
requiring us to be accountable for the effectiveness of our actions and open in our judgment and communication with others.
Solidarity with the Poor and Marginalized
our only bias will be a commitment to the interests of the poor and the marginalized.
HIMFO will be independent of any religious or political Party afﬁliation
Courage of Conviction
requiring us to be creative and radical without fear of failure in pursuit of the greatest possible impact on the causes of poverty.
recognizing that we are part of an alliance against poverty and requiring our presentation and behaviour to be modest.
Efficiency and excellence
commitment to manage our organization in the most cost effective and efﬁcient manner possible to maximize the impact or resources dedicated to our ultimate objective of eradicating poverty. striving for the highest quality of work and performance.
taking decisions as close to their consequences as possible.
The organization provides assistance to the poor, underserved or marginalized groups in the community by involving them in the assessments and projects implementations through their local leaders in order to identify and prioritize their urgent survival needs. Himilo Foundation also ensures the relevant capacity building in order to enhance community ownership, good management and sustainability.
And in furtherance of the principal object, the Organization shall have the following ancillary objects and powers:
- To develop and attain sustainable and quality education in long-term for all Horn of Africa Societies.
- To support strengthening the Primary Health Care (PHC) services through rehabilitation of hospitals, building clinics and provisions of medical supplies.
- To improve public sanitations and environmental protection through removal and decomposition of solid waste disposals from the urban centres and prevention of soil erosion.
- To encourage peace building and support women and vulnerable people.
- Access to safe drinking water through developing water supply systems of both urban and rural settlements.
- To develop agricultural activities through provision of farming training and facilitating modern fishing systems, which motivates the production of higher yields
- To initiate and encourage income generating projects for vulnerable communities.
- To upgrade skills and development training for disarmed militias, Health workers (Nurses, CHWs, TBAs, NAHAs) youth groups, women groups, farmers, teachers, and local authorities.
- Vulnerability of women and girls to sexual and gender based violence reduced through enhanced access to alternative means of livelihoods and survival mechanisms for displaced women and girls in the target districts of Somalia.
- To raise, secure and utilize funds for the attainment of any or all objects of the Organization, and to do such other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of these objects.